Built with Unity3D on MinePackage framework. The engine stores blocks, UV’s and chunks lists and generates chunks as mesh object in unity. This reduces the amount of vertices drawn and allows for excellent FPS. It does make some things a bit more complicated and i will need to study c# a lot more before i can do what i want to do with this engine. So far i have managed to create a custom terrain class as well as a function to generate random-esque trees. I’ve also added a debug line which determines the block type you are digging. This will allow me to instantiate a ‘pickup’ block of the same type.
Update: Added basic function to place blocks with right mouse button. (Currently Stone Brick). It would be nice to have a preview of where the block will be placed. It seems to work reasonable well though.
All textures created by me from scratch. I’m happy with the results so far! I was inspired by my favorite MC texture pack John Smith. I may have to make my own pack for MC now too.
Early days of the simplex noise terrain generator for the nTerra experimental game project.
Added option to batch render frames of animation.
I’ve adjusted some noise functions and the bitmap reconstruction/byte array loops to twist the RGB into some new patterns.
After adding noise generation to nRnd I decided it was a good time start a new project based on direct pixel manipulation rather than drawing via C# asp.net graphic/shape libraries. This is what i have so far.
The rendering is sent to the c# background worker so the UI has little to no lag.
managed to add tiling hybrid simplex noise. its still a bit messy but it does tile.
Added basic simplex noise generation.
Thanks to Stefan Gustavson and Cabby Node Games for their explanations. I’m still working on getting it seamless tiling and as fast as possible. Currently using unsafe c# over bitmap byte array. I think some of the noise function can be optimized but at this stage the performance is acceptable and i may add a non realtime render option for high resolution, high octave noise.
Added rotate transform in a ‘spin’ option check box. This uses the c# transform matrix in
I’m not sure this classes as actual color balance. I have not researched it enough yet but I’ve implemented hue rotation on specific r/g/b channels. Nice effect so far.
I have re-written the color adjustment code AGAIN. Thanks to Paul Haeberli of GRAFICA Obscura for his excellent explanations and C code examples. It made a world of difference. I may eventually compile his C code into a dll for c#.